The types of events currently popular in the world are:
- Parties, Awards, Launches, First Nights and VIP events.
- Product launches – from a celebrity perfume to a new washing powder.
- Sports events – from the Olympics to local charity football matches.
- Meetings, Roadshows, Conferences and Education – from IBM to TED Talks.
- Weddings – from your own, family and friends’ weddings, to a celebrity wedding.
- Festivals and Concerts – from Sunburn to Grub Fest.
- Charity events – from marathons to fundraisers.
When you think that any and all sectors, across business, health, education, charity, sport, hospitality, leisure and tourism also run events to make their own connections, it’s small wonder that event management is predicted to grow to Rs.10,000 crore by 2020!